Our goal is to provide service standards on the ground that match the award-winning inflight service, so that our customers receive a flawless experience when travelling on Emirates. The main units that make up our division are summarised below.
Check-In and Boarding Gates
Check-in is an area in which new technology changes the way we serve our customers. In the last few years we have introduced:
• Internet check-in and quick baggage drop units;
• Self-Service kiosks.
We may soon see check-in and boarding via barcodes and mobile phones. Ultimately, it is possible that an IRIS scan (eye scan) will be the check we use for our customers, from check-in to flight boarding.
At the Boarding Gates, our customers board their flights after final document checks are carried out by our staff.
First & Business Class Lounges
Premium customers expect exemplary service. In Emirates First and Business Class lounges, we make sure that they receive just that.
This team assists customers while they are in transit by directing them to the airport restaurant for complementary meals and helping them to connect to their onward flights. They also handle flight disruptions caused by delays or cancellations due to bad weather or technical reasons.
Business Planning and Development
The main functions of Business Planning and Development are:
• To develop and manage projects across the different sections of Emirates Airport Services that support EKAS business objectives
• To support new joiners once initial training has been completed
• To support operational managers in helping new staff at all levels
• To coach staff during off-peak time known as Eat & Educate