Tomorrow brings the skies closer.
Some say, the sky is the limit. As a young, ambitious UAE National with passion, you could be among the world’s best-trained pilots. With the right qualifications, talent and drive, you could be working in a challenging environment, trained and mentored by some of the best in the world.
The National Cadet Pilot Programme will not only train you to become an Emirates First Officer on successful completion of the programme, but will also open doors to further opportunities within Emirates.
Apply today and be one of the proud citizens to raise the flag of the United Arab Emirates and bring pride to the nation.
Training to be a Cadet Pilot
Training will take approximately four years and is divided into three main phases:
- Cadet Pilot First phase (Foundation Programme)
Takes place in Dubai at the Emirates Training College. Duration of this programme is 36-75 weeks and will include English, Aviation English and Aviation Science courses, depending on your English language abilities.
- Cadet Pilot Second Phase (Flight Training Programme)
Takes place outside the UAE (Spain) for 18 months and includes approximately 223 hours of flight experience. On successful completion, you will receive a course completion certificate and a Frozen Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL).
- Cadet Pilot Third Phase
Takes place in Dubai. Upon completion of this phase, you are ready to fly large jet aircrafts.
Ministry of Higher Education attestation is required for certificates
National Cadet Pilot Benefits
- Salary from when your training starts until qualification
- Fully funded training by Emirates
- Clear development plan and opportunities for growth and progress
- First Officer role on successful completion of the course
- Comprehensive medical insurance (including the family)
- Children’s education
- Annual profit share
- Special prices on airfare
- A Federal Retirement Programme
- Interest-free construction loan
National Cadet Pilot Recruitment Process:
1. Math, Physics and Numeracy tests
2. Initial medical examination
3. Psychomotor and psychometric tests
4. English language test (TOEFL with minimum of 430 points)
5. Personal Interview
6. Comprehensive medical examination
National Cadet Pilot Requirements:
- A valid UAE passport and Khulasat Al Qaid (Family book)
- 17-29 years
- Minimum: Grade 12 secondary school certificate
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Medically fit